We hope your family has lots to be thankful for this November, and that spending time together is one of them. If you’re looking for things to do as a family this month, we’ve got 30 activities (that’s one for each day) with a late fall vibe we think you’ll love.
1. Don’t toss that pumpkin just yet! Here are 22 other things you can do with it after Halloween.
2. Do you know what day Fred and George were born on? Or which house J.K Rowling was sorted into? Challenge your Potterheads to a round of parents vs. kids trivia.
3. Give your kids a confidence boost before bedtime.
4. Break out the art supplies and try Ziplock finger painting or double-sided tape art alongside your budding artists.
5. November 15 is America Recycles Day. Incorporate new sustainable practices into your everyday with tips and suggestions every family should know.
6. Now’s the time to book passage on your favorite holiday train ride. Hop aboard ASAP before the tickets are gone!
7. Teach the kids how to walk on eggs or make milk glow.
8. Learn about Indigenous people who are leading the way, like Neely Snyder and Joy Harjo.
9. Speaking of Joy Harjo, add these kids’ books by Native American authors to your must-read list.
10. World Kindness day is November 13, but you can commit random acts of kindness all month long with the kids if you want.
11. Planning a family ski trip this winter? Read this first.
12. Slime science is always a hit and these easy-to-make variations will keep everyone in your fam occupied for at least an afternoon.
13. Celebrate Dia de Muertos with a funky skeleton project even the littlest kiddo can handle.
14. Find a way to thank a veteran on November 11.
15. No matter what size Thanksgiving celebration you’re planning this year, putting out games and activity pages for the kids means you can get the turkey to the table on time...maybe.
16. Put these roar-ingly fun dino movies on your family movie night list.
17. Wondering what to do with all those Amazon boxes that tend to clutter up the recycling bin this time of year? Transform them into cardboard spaceships your little astronauts can fly around the living room.
18. Halloween may be over, but that doesn’t mean you can’t plan a crazy hair day at home. Or better yet, bookmark this for Crazy Hair Day at school, because you know it’s coming.
19. Make your own bubble mixture for hours of outdoor fun on a sunny fall day.
20. Add extra veggies to your Thanksgiving feast with recipes your kids will love.
21. Spend the night in a treehouse. Trust us, it’s totally tops!
22. Cure cabin fever blues with a round of Animal Antics, Mirror Mirror or the always-popular Musical Chairs.
23. Fall is the prefect time to take the kids stargazing in the backyard.
24. From a DIY mailbox to a rad rhino craft, these activities won’t break the bank, but they will keep your kiddos entertained.
25. Beach trip in the middle of fall? Depending on where you live, this might just be the perfect time to visit.
26. Three words: Pirate. Treasure. Hunt.
27. Cozy up around the fireplace to play board games. Game night is always a winner!
28. It’s Friday, Friday, Friday! The perfect time to start a new family tradition that'll get your weekend heading in the right direction.
29. Spend time in the kitchen cooking together and trying new foods. We’re crushing hard on these Persian recipes that even kids will love.
30. Add becoming a Citizen Scientist to your weekend warrior to-do list.
—Allison Sutcliffe & Gabby Cullen
Feature image: iStock
Fabulous Fall Birthday Themes You Can Totally Pull Off
The Best Podcasts for Curious Kids