A themed gift like a box of sunshine is the perfect gift for many situations. Adding one of these six free box of sunshine printables is a great way to up the fun factor. Because if you’re giving a fun gift, you want to include as much fun and as many smiles as possible.
I’ve sent many care packages and gift boxes over the years to my family when we were stationed all over the world, to deployed military members and to my children when they were at college. My go to is a DIY surprise gift box. I have fun with the creativity of putting it together and I always receive enthusiastic feedback about it.
Box of Sunshine Printables and Ideas
You can create a sunshine DIY gift with one quick trip to the store or you can take time to really plan out each item and search for the perfect items. You can create elaborate sunshine care packages or a little box of sunshine.
For a quick gift box, simply go to the store and search for yellow items. Look for:
- Drink mixes
- Snack foods
- Party supplies
- Small toys
- Art or craft supplies
- Sports equipment
- Wash cloths or hand towels
For more ideas of yellow gifts, check out my more than 60 gift ideas for Yellow Care Packages.
Be sure to add a yellow or sunshine themed note. You can use the free printables I’m sharing below.
What you need to make these free box of sunshine printables
- The free digital download
- Printer paper or heavier white card stock paper
- Printer or you can print the sunshine printables at a print shop
- Scissors or paper trimmer
- Hole punch and ribbon for small tags (optional)
How to make sunshine box printable card step-by-step
Print out the notes. You can print them on your choice of paper or card stock.
You can use them a variety of ways:
- Use the large signs to decorate each flap of the box so that when the box is opened, the recipient is greeted with the happy notes.
- Use as wrapping paper for small gifts.
- Use a notecard or stationery.
- Use the small candy themed gift tags to attach to individual boxes and pieces of candy or treats.
- Use the small tags to attach to boxes filled with the themed treats.
- Use the small tags to attach to a little bag of sunshine filled with the themed candy.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a box full of sunshine?
A yellow themed gift, usually sent to share a little sunshine, happiness and lots of fun. The entire gift, including wrapping, cards and gift items, is created with the color yellow. The items included should be ones that are fun and will bring a smile.
- You can use a basket to create a sunshine gift basket instead of box
- Use a yellow sand bucket to give a bucket of sunshine as a summer gift
- Choose yellow things to put in sunshine boxes
- Use a gift bag to create sunshine bags
- Place yellow items in a box to create a sunshine care package or sunshine gift box
- Use yellow paper or packaging to build the sunshine theme
How can I make a simple “sending you a little sunshine”?
- Place items in a yellow gift bag
- Line a cardboard box with yellow construction paper
- Fill with items that are yellow or in yellow packaging
- You can find small gifts at:
- The dollar store
- The grocery store
- A pharmacy
- A craft store
- Use yellow tissue paper to line a box and fill with gift items
- Use a white shipping box and decorate with yellow stickers or washi tape
- Use the free sunshine box printables available below to decorate the box and as printable cards
- Make your own printables on Canva or graphic design platform
- Find yellow items gift inspiration in the more than 60 gift ideas for Yellow Care Packages
What to do with a box full of sunshine?
Make a box of sunshine care package to give in a wide range of situations:
- College care package
- Send as a themed birthday gift
- A gift for:
- Little kids
- People you barely know
- People you know well, like a best friend or family member
- Sympathy gift for someone going through a rough time
- A thoughtful way to welcome a new neighbor or coworker
- Holiday season gifts for coworkers or a secret Santa gift exchange
- Hand out as tough time care packages to people experiencing homelessness (check out these ideas of what to include in different types of care packages/blessing bags)
- Give little bags of sunshine as party favors
Expert Tips for Printables
How do I access the printable?
Click the link above. On the form, you will find a button for the free printable shunshine gift tags at the top of the form. Click the button. The pdf usually opens right up when you click on the link. When that happens, simply right click on the pdf and either print or save the document to your device. If the pdf does not pop up for you, you’ll most likely find it in your computer’s Downloads folder. You can also select “Downloads” in your browser menu to see a list of your downloads, then select “Show in folder” below the file name to see where it is located on your computer.
How can I use the printable (what restrictions are there on use)?
You can print this printable pdf as many times as you’d like for your personal or classroom use. Please do not share the file with family, friends or coworkers. Please do share the link to this post so they can access their own copy of the printable. All printables are copyrighted.
Looking for more creative care package ideas?
50 Creative College Care Package Ideas – When you’re looking for the perfect care packages for college students, these care package ideas to make or to purchase will help you find the perfect gift idea for your special student.
Sunshine Box College Care Package – 60+ gift ideas and tips to make a sunshine box college care package packed with yellow themed items and lots of love
Free Care Package Notes – 12 free printable care package notes for college care packages, military care packages or gifts for anyone, plus all my best gift box tips
Be sure to pin these free box of sunshine printables so you can find them again when you’re ready to send your care package.
You can find all our best care package ideas in the table below. You can scroll though the table and look for ideas or search for specific ideas with the magnifying glass in the upper right-hand corner (on desktop). Click on the topic and then click through the specific article.