Halloween party DIY, plus Halloween Party Ideas, and Monster Pop, popcorn! Put these three things together and you will have a fun Halloween celebration.
Anyone else looking forward to throwing a Halloween party? Or a monster-themed party? With a few craft supplies, like a plastic tub, bucket or large bowl, vinyl stickers, and Halloween decorations… you can decorate a Halloween Snack/Treat Bucket for your parties, and serve packaged snacks like Monster Pop (grab the discount at the end of the post).
The decorated tub can be the centerpiece for your Halloween food tables, snack and treat tables, or used for passing out packaged treats and it would be cute for a Monster-themed party!
“I received this product for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com) to use and post my honest opinions. Compensation for this post was provided and this page may contain affiliate links.”
DIY Halloween Party Idea
Let’s Get This Party Poppin’
I decorated a plain plastic tub with a saying (Let’s get this party poppin’) – (insert your own quote – I have a few Halloween quotes below), then I added Halloween decorations, and added bags of Monster Pop popcorn to the tub to pass out for Halloween.
This easy Halloween party food idea with Monster Pop is perfect for kids parties, classroom parties or just snacking on while watching monster movies or Halloween flicks.
Monster Pop popcorn has cute monsters on the packaging! Perfect for monster-themed parties and kids Halloween parties, and kids at heart.
Grab the instructions below to decorate your own party bowl. Then add Monster Pop popcorn to your list and you have a healthy snack to serve your party-goers or to pass out to the kids. Who doesn’t love munching on popcorn?
Let’s make this craft project!
- A plastic tub or plastic bucket or large white serving bowl.
- Halloween floral pick – (Trick or Treat) or Skull with Roses or black spider pick
- A (coiled Halloween garland)this is the one we used. Or something like this (garland with black spiders).
- Cricut and vinyl to cut letters/words to make sayings or quotes. Or peel and stick (3.5″ peel and stick letter stickers) or (6″ peel and stick letter stickers)-this one is vinyl. Or purchase premade designs here (makes it so easy to get and stick them on!
- If you are cutting your own vinyl words with the Cricut be sure to have Transfer tape on hand and a standard Cricut tool set.
- And if you are purchasing premade designs know the size you need and get vinyl stickers if you want them to last longer.
- Bags of Monster Pop (bagged Popcorn) to fill the tub with! Get it here (Save 25% on any product on monsterpopshop.com with promo code MOMSMEET25 Expires 10/31/21). Monster Pop popcorn is made with 4 ingredients and real butter. It’s gluten-free, non-GMO, and kosher! No artificial ingredients. Get party sized bags or indivdual serving sized bags. This packaging has cute monsters on the each bag!
- I can’t guaraentee that there won’t be munching popcorn before the party!
Halloween Party DIY
How to decorate treat bucket or serving bowl for Halloween.
- First make sure the plastic tub (bucket or large bowl) is clean, dry and free from lint. I use rubbing alcohol and a cloth or paper towels to wipe it clean.
- Measure your containers space where you will be placing the saying/words in vinyl- height and width. This is for the placement of the word, not overall size of the container.
- Make the vinyl stickers in Cricut Design Space (it’s free to use) or use peel and stick stickers to add Halloween sayings, quotes, , or words to the bucket (or bowl). (video for how to cut and apply Cricut vinyl)
- If you are using the Cricut to design your vinyl stickers be sure to group your words and click weld them! Do this prior to cutting them.
- Adhere stickers (that you made and cut with a Cricut or purchased) to the clean surface of the tub, bucket or bowl.
- Decorate the rim of the bucket with the Halloween garland. Use a hot glue gun to secure the garland at various spots. Overlap slightly at the end, trim with wire cutters or scissors. (Don’t use sewing scissors!)
- Next, add the Halloween pick by inserting and hot gluing to foam square or foam rectangle (or improvise by making a stand with cardboard) and placing at the bottom inside of the bucket).
- Don’t forget to add the bags of Monster Pop popcorn to the bucket. (Add additional packaged treats or packaged candies as desired.)
- Now your popcorn bags and treats are ready for your Halloween party tables, serving or grabbing to snack on. Or handing out as popcorn treats.
Fonts used – Flip Flops (font) DTC Autumn Sunshine (font)
This DIY is easy and should be done in about an hour or less (depending on your skill level). And will be really quick if you get a premade sticker or Halloween SVG files like this.
First sign up for Cricut Design Space or sign in, then you can use my file – Cricut Design File- Get This Party Poppin’
Don’t forget to grab your bags of Monster Pop popcorn, it’s yummy. This is an easy option and so time-saving! Compared to popping and bagging it up yourself! Scroll down to grab the promo code to take with you! (My teen loved it and is taking Monster Pop to the dorms for snacking with her roommates! I think she might take my popcorn bucket too! I’ll have to make another one. I wish I could shrink her, lol because I’m going to miss this big kid.)
Be sure to subscribe if you are new here. I have some cute printable monster lunch notes coming soon! Perfect in case you add the bags of Monster Pop to your kid’s lunch bags and lunchboxes.
Halloween Quote Ideas
- Let’s get this party poppin’
- You’ve Been Boo’ed
- Trick or Treat
- Have a Spooktacular Halloween
- Creep It Real
- Monster Droppings
- Mummy’s Little Monsters
- Eat Drink and Be Scary
- Hocus Pocus
- Thanks For Popping By
Find so many quotes on Pinterest!
Monster Pop – Popcorn
- Besides tasting good and being a healthy snack/treat. Monster Pop comes in two yummy flavors kids love big-time butter and cheeserific cheese! And cute monsters on the bags make them perfect for kids and Halloween!
- Monster Pop Big-Time Butter Popcorn typically retails for *$16 for 16 half-ounce bags, $15 for three sharing-sized bags, or $27 for six sharing-sized bags (*the ones we used).
Monster Pop Discount Code
Where to purchase Monster Pop Popcorn? Shop and Save 25% on any product on monsterpopshop.com with promo code MOMSMEET25 Expires 10/31/21).
What types of treats do your little monsters love? What saying would you put on your Halloween Party DIY-decorated serving container?
- New here? Don’t forget to subscribe
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Shop our picks; Lists on Amazon
- DIY Chalkboard Sign – “Trick or Treat”
- Halloween Crafts – Clay Pots DIY Frankenstein, Pumpkin and Bat. Transform clay pots into Halloween decor.
- Treat Recipes
- Halloween Ideas