There is something about camping that is just so much fun. We've brought all that goodness inside with our indoor camping party!
There is something about camping that is just so much fun. Kids love it! We enjoy our family camping trips. Sleeping in tents under the stars, laughing by the campfire, catching fireflies, and eating s'mores late into the night. Not to mention being unplugged and spending good quality time together. We've brought all that goodness inside with our indoor camping party!
Indoor Camping Party Gear
Our indoor camping party had a bit of a hippy vibe so our Volkswagen Camper Van Tent was a perfect fit. Sunny yellow of course! (note: this is an Amazon Affiliate link).
We love these All-in-one organic sleepers from Enchanted Slumber. They resemble a sleeping bag, but are much cozier and cuter. We love the attached pillow and we're kind of obsessed with the A is for Alphabet kitchy animal pattern. Gnomes, unicorns, and other fuzzy creatures (oh my!). There was definitely an abundance of giggles during our indoor camping party!
Indoor Campfire Craft
A good camping trip always has a roaring campfire to keep you warm. We came up with a cute "build a campfire" craft for our indoor camping party. You'll need to start saving those toilet paper and paper towel rolls now!
Indoor Campfire Craft Supplies:
- Toilet paper rolls
- Brown sharpie
- Red, orange, and yellow tissue paper
- Hot glue
- Battery-operated tea candle (optional)
Indoor Campfire Craft Direction
- Each campfire will need a few toilet paper rolls. Using your marker, draw wood grain on your toilet paper rolls.
- Arrange your rolls and hot glue them to look like a campfire, leaving space in the middle for your flames to be glued in.
- Stagger the red, orange, and yellow tissue papers and bunch them up in the middle to resemble flames and glue them to the center of your campfire. **Not shown (optional): to create a lit campfire, glue a battery operated tea light in the middle of your campfire before adding your tissue paper.
Building a campfire sure does work up an appetite. What better camping snack than s'mores. We couldn't have real s'mores indoors so we created s'mores pops.
S'mores Pops Recipe
We picked up some adorable twig treat sticks from Michaels to make these S'mores Pops.
- Twig treat sticks (note: this is an Amazon Affiliate link).
- Chocolate chips
- Graham crackers, crushed
Microwave your chocolate chips in a bowl, stirring every 20 seconds until melted. Place your marshmallow on the treat stick and roll in the chocolate. Dip the chocolate marshmallow in crushed graham crackers to complete your S'mores pop.
Alternatively, you can get a cool s'mores making kit that works indoors from Terraflame. We love this mini kit found on Amazon here. (note: this is an Amazon Affiliate link).
This firefly lantern can be made ahead of time or left as another fun activity for the kids to do. It's super simple and my daughter has been using it as a nightlight in her room the past few nights.
Check out how we made it in our video tutorial
MORE TRAVEL IDEAS FROM MOMTRENDS
- Five Tips for Staying Sane While Flying with Kids
- Summer Camp Out Party
- Becoming a Junior Park Ranger
Use Pinterest to save your favorite family travel destinations to help inspire your next trip. Be sure to follow our Travel with Kids board here.
Throwing an indoor camping party is almost more fun than real camping—and, best of all, there are no bugs!
This is not a sponsored post. We received samples to review.