Getting dinners on the tables these days can be more than difficult most days of the week. So I totally can relate to any of you out there that struggle daily to first come up with a recipe to make that the whole family will love but also shop and cook it! But Ive found a solution to at least one of your problems. Deciding on what to make. How about this Cheese Taco Lasagna? Its tacos + lasagna in one! Two of families favorite meals, in one!
This Cheesy Taco Lasagna is a meal in one that can be prepared ahead. It makes plenty to feed a large family or make enough for two week night dinners. Or dinner one night and lunch the next. Whatever works for you! Simply top with your favorite taco toppings like avocado, tomato, shredded lettuce, sour cream, cilantro, more salsa or cheese. Anything works!
My favorite part of this dish (other than the layers of Vermont Extra Sharp Cabot Cheese) is the crunchy tortilla chips you add on at the end. It adds a fun crunchy texture to balance the layers of creamy cheddar cheese and soft lasagna noodles.
Get the kiddos involved by helping you layer the ingredients into the baking dish. They can help lay the lasagna noodles into the pan, spooning on the meat, salsa and corn and sprinkle on the cheese.
Have someone who is vegetarian? You can easily substitute the meat with a can of black or pinto beans.
Have someone who needs gluten-free option? Substitute regular no-boil lasagna noodles with gluten free noodles or corn tortillas.
- 12 sheets of no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoons chili powder
- tablespoon cumin
- teaspoon paprika
- teaspoon garlic powder
- teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 24 ounce jar salsa
- 8 ounces Cabot Vermont Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- In a large saut pan on medium high heat add olive oil and diced onion. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until onion translucent. Add in ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain excess fat from pan. Return saut pan to stove on medium high heat. Add in water and spices (chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, oregano, cayenne pepper, salt, ground pepper). Cook stirring occasionally until liquid has evaporated.
- In a 9x 13 pan start layering 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the salsa, 1/3 ground beef mixture, 1/3 cup corn, 1/3 of sour cream, 1/3 of the shredded cheese. Repeat again. Then for the last layer after the sour cream add on an additional layer of lasagna noodles and sprinkle remaining 1/3 of shredded cheese on top. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes, remove aluminum foil. Top with crushed tortilla chips and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Once cooked let sit for 10 minutes. Cut and serve topped with your favorite taco toppings (additional salsa, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro etc.)