Date Night Lasagna
- 1 box Banza Lasagna noodles
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 lbs ground Italian sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- cup finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1 Tbsp chopped oregano leaves
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups red wine
- 2 (28 oz.) cans tomatoes (we recommend San Marzano)
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 quarts ricotta cheese (2 containers)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- cup grated parmesan
- Sea salt & ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Make the Bolognese sauce: In a large pot heated with 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef and ground Italian sausage. While meat is browning, roughly chop the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, parsley, and oregano and toss in a food processor. Pulse until very finely chopped. Add veggie mixture to browned beef along with the flour, salt & pepper (to taste), and the red wine. Once wine has reduced, stir in the tomatoes, the heavy cream, and cinnamon. Raise to a boil, then lower to a simmer.
- Make the cheese mix: In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Stir in the ricotta and the grated parmesan and mix until even.
- Build the lasagna: Coat a 9 x 13 baking dish with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Add a layer of bolognese sauce to the bottom of the dish and top with Banza Lasagna noodles. Spread a layer of cheese mix on top of noodles. Repeat 3 more times (bolognese sauce, noodles, cheese mix), topping final layer with the shredded mozzarella and fresh basil.
- Bake the lasagna: Bake at 350 F for 1 hour, or until cheese on top is golden brown and bubbly. Let cool for 10 mins. before serving. Enjoy!