Need a break from grains? Why not try cauliflower! Cauliflower can be used in place of rice in recipes as a low-carb, grain-free alternative. One of my favorite ways to use cauliflower is to make it into a rice. After following these easy, step-by-step methods for how to make cauliflower rice, you can create your own rice dish with your favorite seasonings, or try the Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice recipe below.
How to Make Cauliflower Rice
This is one of my favorite recipes for cauliflower rice, which is seasoned with the bright flavors of cilantro and lime. This dish is an excellent addition for veggie tacos.
- Rinse and dry cauliflower.
- Chop the cauliflower into large pieces and place them in a food processor.
- Process the cauliflower until its finely chopped and resembles the consistency of rice or couscous.
- Heat a largesaut pan over medium heat. Add olive oil, garlic, and green onions. Saut for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add cauliflower rice to the pan, cover for 5 to 6 minutes until it is tender in the inside but slightly crispy on the outside, stirring frequently.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a medium bowl. Toss with cilantro and lime juice.
- Category: Side dish
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 75
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 47 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: cauliflower rice, healthy side dish
For other recipes featuring cauliflower, check out some of my favorites:
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information click here.
Written by Written by Sharon Palmer, MSFS, RDN with Tamara Kelly-Scott, Dietetic Intern.