Note to self that we do not need a Sams Club size-bag of corn tortillas. Since we had corn tortillas coming out of our ears, we had to get creative to use them up! Made a couple batches of a healthier Mexican lasagna that turned out great. Cut back on the cheese and subbed out the sour cream or non-fat plain Greek yogurt for a boost of protein. Enjoy!
- 1-2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 can no-salt-added black beans
- 1 can no-salt-added canned corn
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa
- 1 cup plain, low fat, Greek yogurt
- 1 cup shredded cheese, halved
- 18-20 corn tortillas
- Suggested toppings: green onions, avocado slices, hot sauce, etc.
All you do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large skillet, cook cubed chicken until cooked through.
- Drain. Add red pepper and onion and cook until veggies have softened.
- Stir in black beans, corn, and salsa. Let simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
- Place chicken mixture in a bowl and stir in Greek yogurt and half of shredded cheese.
- Place 6 tortillas into a 913 baking dish. Spread 1/3 of chicken mixture evenly over the tortillas. Repeat layers. Top the final layer with remaining shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, uncover, and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Serve with any additional toppings such as green onions, hot sauce, etc.